Digital Employee Experience (#DEX) is a concept which resonates strongly with senior stakeholders and with intranet and digital workplace teams. But how can you actually deliver excellent #DEX?
Teams can leverage these five “powers” to help supercharge their intranet and digital workplaces, ensuring they are user-centred, human-focused and helping employees get things done:
“People” is particularly important — and this is the first “power” of #DEX.
Teams that deliver great #DEX make sure that employees are at the centre of solutions by carrying out extensive user research through one-on-one staff interviews, observation, contextual enquiry, surveys and more.
Personas, journey maps and storyboards then convey the findings in a rich and engaging way. More importantly, a focus on people is baked into the approach to intranets, digital workplaces and the wider digital employee experience.
A people focus in the real world
The winners of the Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards lead the way in creating and sustaining a focus on people.
- The team at Cox Communications spent considerable time with stakeholders to discuss their needs but also shadowed frontline employees to understand how they work, helping to design an intranet that would resonate with all employees
- Vodafone Germany designed a highly useful tool to allow call centre agents to compare tariff options for customers, a need which emerged during user workshops from an earlier project
- The team at the MITRE Corporation held a stakeholder and user envisioning workshop to ensure their mobile app would include the capabilities that employees really needed
- 3M spent three months carrying out in-depth user research to deliver an ambitious, personalised global intranet based on insights from interviews, focus groups, workshops, a global digital workplace survey and a global communications survey
- At Liberty Mutual the team behind their exceptional digital assistant and chatbot used a user feedback facility to collect suggestions for added topics for the bot to cover, including knowing what was on the lunch menu!
Get inspiration for #DEX
For more information on all the above award-winning case studies and to get related screenshots, purchase the 2018 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. It can help you get the right inspiration for your own #DEX initiative!