* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
3M: Implementing a personalised global intranet
3M has designed, built and implemented a new global intranet based on SharePoint Online to serve a complex workforce. Strong personalisation delivers news and content in fifteen different languages. Other features of note include a striking design, a tools directory, a useful toolbar, improved findability and search, much easier publishing and mobile access.
The new intranet is already achieving good adoption and driving efficiencies. Its success is underpinned by solid governance and an active program of continuous improvement.
Why this won a Gold award
- The sheer scale of this global intranet project across a diverse workforce of 121,000 employees is to be admired.
- The extensive user research which was undertaken is impressive, and key to understanding the range of needs.
- The personalisation, multi-language and consistent tagging of content are very well done, and enable successful targeting.
- This implementation has not always been easy and the team has shown tenacity, patience and a pragmatic approach to get this to launch.
- There are some nice features and attention to detail, particularly in the quick access toolbar, search and tools directory.
- A solid approach to continual improvement has already seen major enhancements delivered since go-live.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2018 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.