The must-have annual report for all intranet and digital workplace teams. Featuring 15 case studies and hundreds of screenshots, this report shows how to deliver real business value and solutions that work.
About the awards
The Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards are global awards that recognise outstanding contributions to the fields of intranets and digital workplaces. The awards uncover remarkable solutions that deliver business value, and then share them with the wider community. We also shine a light on the talented teams behind this work, and the agencies that have supported them.
This year’s winners
- American Express (USA): a transformation of global IT support, using an omni-channel strategy that has significantly reduced costs while hugely increasing user satisfaction
- Bank of Russia (Russia): a beautifully-designed intranet rolled out to a regional network with targeted communications, social features, workspaces and extensive business automation
- Domodedovo Moscow Airport (Russia): a powerful set of knowledge management services delivered through the intranet including ideation, knowledge bases, wiki, expertise location and more
- Lloyds Banking Group (UK): a highly effective social collaboration platform with high levels of adoption and business value, all sustained over time
- Public Works Authority Ashghal (Qatar): an excellent centralised custom-built portal with widespread integrations and apps where employees can complete tasks and access a huge variety of e-services
- Stagecoach (UK): an employee mobile app launched to frontline staff delivered via personal devices which is successfully driving efficiency and engagement for bus drivers and engineers
- Travelex (UK): a global intranet which is connecting and engaging frontline staff, who are often working alone, through an ingenious combination of content, videos and gamification
- Wells Fargo (USA): an exciting intranet redesign based on a new microservices architecture allowing for integration of apps, all delivered across multiple lines of business
- Bank Spoldzielczy we Wschowie (Poland): a completely custom-built digital workplace for a Polish community bank with a huge degree of integration
- BHP (Australia): a strongly executed customised SharePoint Online global intranet with personalisation, Teams and Yammer integration, custom apps and strong UX
- Duke Energy (USA): a SharePoint online intranet with great design, an excellent employee recognition feature, and a design system to guide consistency across all digital channels
- Faegre Baker Daniels (USA): a thoughtful KM-driven intranet with an integrated financial performance dashboard and strong intranet design
- Mayo Clinic (USA): a strong governance initiative to improve standards across over 200 specialist clinical intranets, improving usability and findabilty and reducing costs
- NLMK Group (Russia): a strong social intranet with a range of tools that are successfully reducing the digital divide between office and plant-based staff
- Shepherd and Wedderburn (UK): a comprehensive set of intranet integrations presenting client and project information across a clever set of data visualisations
Obtain the insights
With winners across four categories, there are valuable ideas for every intranet and digital workplace team.
The 260-page Intranet and Digital Workplace Showcase report shares the full results of the awards, including screenshots and details of the winning entries.
Using the report
The purpose of the showcase report is to help you deliver a great intranet or digital workplace. It’s designed to be easy to dip into, to grab a screenshot or insight when needed. The report can be used in many different ways:
- See what others have done, by browsing the huge number of screenshots screenshots and extensive case studies.
- Get inspiration for your project, uncovering new ideas or approaches that will increase the impact of your solution.
- Strengthen a business case, by showing senior management what other organisations have already delivered, and what benefits they’ve gained.
- Benchmark your current state, against innovative examples across a wide range of functionality.
- Accelerate your redesign, by drawing on emerging best practices from leading intranets.
- Use as a conversation starter, providing a starting point for discussions amongst all intranet stakeholders, including communications and IT.
- Avoid pitfalls and problems, by drawing on the lessons learned (and shared) by successful projects.
- Move the intranet towards a digital workplace, by exploring the expanding horizon of what great sites can do.
- Plan the next steps for the intranet, and keep your site up-to-date with the leading edge of developments.
- Rebuild enthusiasm for the intranet, within the team and the whole organisation, via these inspirational examples.
Whether you’re in the middle of a major redesign, or planning incremental improvements, the showcase report is a must-have for all teams.
Enter next year’s awards
Next year’s Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards will open for entries in January. As can be seen from this year’s winners, a diverse range of ideas from all types of organisations can win.
Visit the Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards page to pre-register your name, and we’ll notify you when the awards open for submissions.