* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
MITRE Corporation: Creating a mobile app to get things done
MITRE Corporation has created the [email protected] app, which allows employees to submit timecards, view calendars, receive task notifications, find rooms and more. The app is available on personal phones as well as corporate devices, and is available for both iOS and Android. The app has successfully navigated MITRE’s stringent security requirements by focusing on what is permissible.
[email protected] has proved popular with users and continues to improve with added functionality.
Why this won a Silver award
- The team’s approach has been integral to the success of the app – focusing on what’s possible within MITRE’s security constraints and involving the right stakeholders early.
- The individual features of the app have been well selected to deliver value for users, including the ability to submit timecards and receive My Action notifications.
- This is a great example of continuous improvement and an initiative which has been fuelled by stakeholder and user feedback.
- The team has consistently shown strong creativity in the design and features, balancing security concerns with meeting user needs and staying focused on performance.
- We love the wi-fi key capability and the ability to paste it straight into your phone – a nice touch!
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2018 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.