The must-have annual report for all intranet and digital workplace teams. Featuring 13 case studies and hundreds of screenshots, this report shows how to deliver real business value and solutions that work.
About the awards
The Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards are global awards that recognise outstanding contributions to the fields of intranets, digital workplaces and digital employee experience (DEX). The awards uncover remarkable solutions that deliver business value, and then share them with the wider community. We also shine a light on the talented teams behind this work, and the agencies that have supported them.
This year’s winners
Gold winners (in alphabetic order):
- Amadeus IT Group (Spain): an ambitious global intranet based on SharePoint Online with strong social features and attractive templates, underpinned by a thorough approach to governance.
- Avito (Russia): a beautifully-designed HR-focused intranet with extensive integration, helping to automate HR processes (and beyond), resulting in significant time savings.
- Brisbane Catholic Education (Australia): a feature-rich and innovative SharePoint Online intranet with multiple integrations including an HR dashboard, accompanied by effective efforts around content governance and author training.
- Dept of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (Australia): an innovative data dashboard detailing analytics, engagement, readability and suggestions for every intranet page, using light gamification to encourage content owners to make improvements.
- DNV GL (Norway): a custom collaboration wizard built in Microsoft 365, driving self-service and governance across multiple types of collaboration spaces, empowering site owners and improving IT support processes.
- New South Wales Dept of Education (Australia): a ground-breaking portal to drive a community of practice around STEM teaching, using pinboard functionality to create and share learning resources with students and other teachers.
- SP Group (Singapore): a forward-thinking example of ‘citizen development’ using the Microsoft Power Platform to automate and transform a process around reporting gas leaks utilising tablets, driving huge efficiencies and all created with minimal IT input.
- Wellcome (UK): a modern Drupal-based intranet, featuring beautiful design and user-focused integrations, resulting in very high levels of user contribution, adoption and engagement.
Silver winners (in alphabetic order):
- M.Video Eldorado Group (Russia): an ambitious mobile-first intranet that supports processes standardisation and nurtures a ‘one company’ culture in a newly-merged large retail firm.
- STIHL Australia (Australia): an intranet-based portal to automate the end-to-end process for launching new products that cuts across multiple business functions, successfully driving efficiencies, reducing risk and raising accountability.
- Suncorp Group (Australia): a brilliantly-executed governance framework and engagement program, enabling a large content publisher community to deliver a new high quality, sustainable intranet.
- Telstra (Australia): a cyber security team using automation, SharePoint Online and gamification to scale up a awareness program involving champions, doubling it in size with no additional effort or resourcing.
- VELUX Group (Denmark): delivering a new global intranet based largely on SharePoint Online out of the box, at a fraction of the normal cost, aided by a mature and highly effective Office 365 adoption program.
Obtain the insights
With winners across four categories, there are valuable ideas for every intranet and digital workplace team.
The 250-page Intranet and Digital Workplace Showcase report shares the full results of the awards, including screenshots and details of the winning entries.
Using the report
The purpose of the showcase report is to help you deliver a great intranet or digital workplace. It’s designed to be easy to dip into, to grab a screenshot or insight when needed. The report can be used in many different ways:
- See what others have done, by browsing the huge number of screenshots screenshots and extensive case studies.
- Get inspiration for your project, uncovering new ideas or approaches that will increase the impact of your solution.
- Strengthen a business case, by showing senior management what other organisations have already delivered, and what benefits they’ve gained.
- Benchmark your current state, against innovative examples across a wide range of functionality.
- Accelerate your redesign, by drawing on emerging best practices from leading intranets.
- Use as a conversation starter, providing a starting point for discussions amongst all intranet stakeholders, including communications and IT.
- Avoid pitfalls and problems, by drawing on the lessons learned (and shared) by successful projects.
- Move the intranet towards a digital workplace, by exploring the expanding horizon of what great sites can do.
- Plan the next steps for the intranet, and keep your site up-to-date with the leading edge of developments.
- Rebuild enthusiasm for the intranet, within the team and the whole organisation, via these inspirational examples.
Whether you’re in the middle of a major redesign, or planning incremental improvements, the showcase report is a must-have for all teams.
Enter next year’s awards
Next year’s Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards will open for entries in January. As can be seen from this year’s winners, a diverse range of ideas from all types of organisations can win.
Visit the Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards page to pre-register your name, and we’ll notify you when the awards open for submissions.