The must-have annual report for all intranet and digital workplace teams. Featuring 15 case studies and hundreds of screenshots, this report shows how to deliver real business value and solutions that work.
About the awards
The Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards are global awards that recognise outstanding contributions to the fields of intranets, digital workplaces and digital employee experience (DEX). The awards uncover remarkable solutions that deliver business value, and then share them with the wider community. We also shine a light on the talented teams behind this work, and the agencies that have supported them.
This year’s winners
Gold winners (in alphabetic order):
- Deutsche Post DHL (Germany): a hugely ambitious global roll-out of a mobile app to over 500k global employees with outstanding change management.
- DOM.RF (Russia): an innovative intranet providing an advanced digital ecosystem of employee services, including a series of powerful dashboards.
- IAG (Australia): a one-of-a-kind approach to digital employee experience strategy, with supporting governance for the roll out of digital workplace tools.
- John Lewis Partnership (United Kingdom): an elegant and attractive comms-focused intranet providing innovative approaches to involving partners.
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (Singapore): a feature-rich and well-implemented SharePoint Online intranet built on user-centred design with a supporting mobile app
- NLMK (Russia): a strongly executed mobile app focused on the needs of frontline steel plant workers tackling high-value use cases.
- PSB Bank (Russia): an advanced intranet with integrations and workflow, and a strong emphasis on user experience, all underpinned by strong design techniques.
- SERVPRO Industries (USA): an intranet providing amazing support during COVID-19, enabling the launch of a brand-new service line and an ambitious virtual convention.
- Woodie’s (Ireland): a mobile app and social intranet revolutionising internal communications and turbo-charging employee engagement for frontline retail staff.
Silver winners (in alphabetic order):
- Adobe (USA): a beautifully designed campus app to guide employees around global locations, with desk booking, wayfinding features and additional wellbeing content.
- Greater Bank (Australia): an intranet project with great approaches to governance, imaginative intranet branding and a focus on employee experience.
- MassMutual (USA): a highly innovative intranet with strong design, unique features, good accessibility and useful integrations reflecting an informal culture.
- Mountain America Credit Union (USA): : a comprehensive implementation of an enterprise knowledge platform with personalization and impressive business benefits.
- Origin Energy (Australia): a strong intranet launch, with a solid methodology, good use of employee feedback and innovative approaches to support content owners.
- Raiffeisen Bank Aval (Ukraine): an ambitious roll-out of a customised SharePoint Online intranet, with an imaginative launch approach and high adoption.
Obtain the insights
With winners across four categories, there are valuable ideas for every intranet and digital workplace team.
The 291-page Intranet and Digital Workplace Showcase report shares the full results of the awards, including screenshots and details of the winning entries.
Using the report
The purpose of the showcase report is to help you deliver a great intranet or digital workplace. It’s designed to be easy to dip into, to grab a screenshot or insight when needed. The report can be used in many different ways:
- See what others have done, by browsing the huge number of screenshots screenshots and extensive case studies.
- Get inspiration for your project, uncovering new ideas or approaches that will increase the impact of your solution.
- Strengthen a business case, by showing senior management what other organisations have already delivered, and what benefits they’ve gained.
- Benchmark your current state, against innovative examples across a wide range of functionality.
- Accelerate your redesign, by drawing on emerging best practices from leading intranets.
- Use as a conversation starter, providing a starting point for discussions amongst all intranet stakeholders, including communications and IT.
- Avoid pitfalls and problems, by drawing on the lessons learned (and shared) by successful projects.
- Move the intranet towards a digital workplace, by exploring the expanding horizon of what great sites can do.
- Plan the next steps for the intranet, and keep your site up-to-date with the leading edge of developments.
- Rebuild enthusiasm for the intranet, within the team and the whole organisation, via these inspirational examples.
Whether you’re in the middle of a major redesign, or planning incremental improvements, the showcase report is a must-have for all teams.
Enter next year’s awards
Next year’s Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards will open for entries in January. As can be seen from this year’s winners, a diverse range of ideas from all types of organisations can win.
Visit the Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards page to pre-register your name, and we’ll notify you when the awards open for submissions.