While the term ‘digital workplace’ has been around for some time, it has seen a surge of interest in recent times.
The digital workplace describes a compelling enterprise environment that is fundamentally social, putting people at the centre of things. It cuts through the complexity of legacy tools and platforms, to provide simple ways of completing common tasks.
Yet for all the enthusiasm, the digital workplace can be hard to describe in concrete terms. As a concept, it means different things to different people, and it struggles to escape the domain of theoretical and abstract discussions.
We now share a vision of the digital workplace in this report, with the goal of making the abstract concept of the digital workplace into something concrete.
We have taken a storytelling approach, as this connects with our basic human abilities to learn and explore. Mock screenshots show what the digital workplace could look like.
We use narrative to describe the rich detail of daily work, when enterprise tools have changed from being a burden to a joy. Download the report for free, and join in the conversation
We believe in allowing our customers to make the most of our reports, which is why we provide a generous “site license” by default. See below for all the details:
- You are welcome to make use of the ideas contained within the report to support the management and enhancement of your intranet.
- Copies of the report may be made, as long as they remain within your business unit.
- The screenshots and other source material remain the property of the organisations that provided them, with a license granted to us for use in Step Two Designs materials and presentations.
- We reserve all other intellectual property rights in the report, including copyright and moral rights.
- We promise that the use of the report according to the terms of this agreement will not result in the infringement of the rights of any third parties.
- You may not sell, licence or otherwise provide any part of the report to another party.
- You may not use the report when preparing material for any third party. This includes any contracting or consulting arrangement.
- If you breach the terms of this agreement, we will sue you for damages, and to prevent the breach.
- This agreement is governed by New South Wales and Australian law.