* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Woodie’s: Transforming employee engagement through a social platform
Irish retailer Woodie’s has launched a social intranet and mobile app using the Workvivo platform. This focuses on internal communications, engagement and recognition. The platform makes extensive use of hashtag campaigns where employees send messages of appreciation to each other. There are also private groups, a reference library of procedural information, an employee directory, polls and surveys, a CEO blog and more.
The platform has 100 percent adoption. News items and CEO blogs have very high levels of readership. Workvivo has played a significant role in increasing employee engagement, supporting more open and efficient communication, and nurturing a positive organisational culture.
It has delivered on goals detailed in a five-year communication strategy at the company and also helped employees navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Why this won a Gold award
- There is some excellent strategic thinking behind this implementation, which has delivered substantial increases in employee engagement, and completely transformed internal communications.
- Adoption levels of Workvivo are very high and represent an impressive achievement.
- The engagement calendar of hashtag campaigns is fun, imaginative and delivered with real energy.
- We love that employee feedback and activity on Workvivo is influencing campaigns, benefits and initiatives, driving a true “bottom-up” approach and appropriately agile response.
- The mobile-first approach has been critical to engaging frontline staff, with the majority of adoption through the mobile app.
- There has been some impressive support for employees during the pandemic, keeping them informed, and also entertained.
- We admire the commitment to transparency detailed in the entry.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2021 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.