* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary: Driving efficiency and saving time for police
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has created a new intranet called Pocketbook which is centred on the needs of users. Taking a mobile-first approach to enable police on the move to access critical content via mobile devices, the central team has worked with 300 publishers to create content based on top tasks. Collaborative team rooms have also been introduced.
The intranet is driving efficiencies across a number of different use cases and groups, including emergency call handlers, police on the beat and information exchanged when police shifts change.
Why this won a Silver award
- There’s some very solid thinking in driving a mobile-first, task-based consistent intranet and related content.
- Content management is backed up by robust governance and training to ensure it is kept up to date and of high quality.
- We are impressed with how the intranet is making a real difference across everyday processes such as call handling and changing shifts – driving efficiencies which ultimately should have a positive effect on protecting the public.
- There was good interaction with users during the project to ensure a better end product and to drive engagement.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2017 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.