Massey University (NZ)
The secrets of turning around the rogue intranet project in a large, complex organisation
Presentation from Intranets2016
About my talk
The challenge of implementing an intranet in a large and complex organisation is familiar to most of us. Having never implemented an intranet, Tricia was handed the intranet project and a team that was in a state of fatigue.
In a short time, this team turned a three-year journey of intranet possibility into a reality.
This session will show you:
- Tricia’s secret squirrel methods of influencing across the organisation
- strategies for overcoming the challenges of executive sponsorship and ensuring that a ‘face’ is put to the project
- how to motivate and keep a team whose members are heading for the door
- some clever ways to get to know your customers and hook them in
- the importance of engaging with your customers so that the small project team can still deliver a result.
Tricia Drew is a Project Manager who was handed the baton by Massey University Information Technology Services to bring a 3 year intranet journey to fruition. Tricia’s is a veteran of infrastructure support in both UK and NZ and now works on IT projects. She has a Bachelor of Science (Microbiology) and a more than a causal interest in getting things done.
Photos from Intranets2016