Filed under: Intranets
Because it is a department connected to every part of an organisation, Human Resources (HR) has a unique position that can be leveraged to help underpin the intranet’s value to staff.
HR remains a key stakeholder of, and publisher to, the corporate intranet. Reviewing the various content and tasks available can help HR and intranet teams evaluate their current site and stimulate ideas for more compelling offerings.
Informing and supporting staff
For HR, the intranet often begins as an information repository or support centre facilitating access to current employment-related documents such as:
- policies and codes of conduct
- procedures and employee manuals
- employment agreements and conditions
- health and safety documentation
- events and training calendars
- internal position vacancies
- HR frequently asked questions
[CMb 2010-14 by Stephen Byrne, read the full article]