Intranets have been undergoing huge changes in recent years, but the challenge remains to deliver the greatest business benefits. That’s what makes this new intranet book so important.
This book from James Robertson answers the key question for all teams: what should the intranet do? In 280 full-colour pages, this book outlines what modern intranets can (and should) do.
A timeless classic, it provides definitive advice and over 150 screenshots, it builds a common vision that crosses business and technology lines.
The book is structured according to business objectives, starting from the fundamentals and then working through to leading-edge thinking.
Each double-page spread contains a page of advice on the left, and a matching screenshot on the right. This allows teams to dip into the book as needed, or to read through it in detail to inform planning and strategic thinking. Every team, whether new or experienced, will find inspiration and insight in this book.
The fundamentals for all intranets:
- Provide an enterprise front door
- Provide trusted information
- Deliver internal communication
- Foster staff engagement
- Foster collaboration
- Promote the organisation’s culture
Leading edge thinking that delivers business value:
- Enhance knowledge management
- Streamline business processes
- Improve customer service
- Mitigate business risks
- Provide ‘anywhere’ productivity
How to use this book
- Explore what’s possible, across a wide spectrum of intranet ideas and approaches.
- Demonstrate the power of intranets to stakeholders, by showing how much further they can go than basic functionality.
- Propel intranet strategy and planning, towards outcomes that directly meet business and staff needs.
- Align intranets with business objectives, from early planning through to project delivery.
- Build a common vision and language for intranets, to further encourage ongoing enhancements and innovation.
- Foster a greater understanding of intranets, particularly amongst business leaders and stakeholders.
- Increase the speed of intranet innovation, by surfacing the great solutions that have already been done.
Bonus readers-only material
Purchasers of the book also get exclusive access to a ‘readers-only’ section of the website. This provides further links to key articles and resources, as well as further details on the facts and figures used in the book.