Filed under: Intranets
All intranets must have the foundations of good governance if they’re going to be successful and sustainable. The challenge of establishing this governance, however, can be daunting!
Without a framework to use, governance can run straight into complexity and confusion. It can be hard to get stakeholders on the same page, cover both strategic and practical questions, and even to know what should be included.
If this sounds like your situation, then what you need is a governance quick start!
Twenty years of experience comes to this
Step Two has been working in the intranet space for over 20 years, and we’ve worked with teams around the globe to help them deliver great sites. More than just knowing what great intranets should do, we understand the day-to-day challenges that face intranet teams.
Governance has proven the hardest nut to crack, as it can cover so many things, from the composition of a steering committee all the way down to good writing standards. Bringing together all of our experience, however, has enabled us to release to the world a unique governance methodology: the Intranet Operating Model.
The Intranet Operating Model provides a robust framework for intranet governance in organisations of all sizes. It offers a to-do list of tasks, as well as providing something that stakeholders can rally around.
Now that it’s been out in the wild for a while, we’re taking the next step and offering a quick start engagement that gets intranet teams off and running with our help.
What’s included in the governance quick start
Our governance quick start includes:
- One of our team quickly getting up to speed on your organisation and intranet.
- Running a half-day governance workshop that brings your stakeholders along the governance journey, structured around the Intranet Operating Model.
- Providing a best-practice ‘master’ governance document that gives you a modular approach for establishing great governance.
- Identifying further governance quick wins, where small efforts can deliver big governance benefits.
What you get from the quick start
- A governance document that you can hold in your hands that the covers the fundamentals such as intranet roles and responsibilities and decision-making processes.
- Full benefits of Step Two’s best-practice knowledge and experience, drawn from 20 years of work in this space.
- Stakeholder engagement that gets them on the same page around key governance decisions, as well as helping them to understand the broader importance of governance.
- A concrete starting point for determining further governance elements, as your intranet maturity evolves.
While a quick start engagement can never flesh out the complete governance picture, the Intranet Operating Model has a modular construction, consisting of a single ‘master’ document, plus multiple ‘component’ documents as needed. This quick start gives you the master document, allowing you to carve the further work into bite-sized pieces. You can then steadily progress on broadening and strengthening intranet governance, positioning you for long-term success.
Get a quick start!
We’re not starting from a blank sheet of paper when it comes to intranet governance. We’re therefore able to offer a quick start package for just AU$4900/€3900/US$3900.
Best of all, we can provide this service across Australia and around the world, in-person or using video conferencing.
Want to know more? Get in touch