* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Wells Fargo: Rolling out a portal based on microservices
Wells Fargo has redesigned its intranet homepage based on microservices architecture, reconfiguring over 50 specific homepages for lines of business. New features include a personalised toolbar with links, aggregated notifications from multiple systems and a ‘My Day’ widget with time-relevant communications. There is also an app library where lines of business can develop micro-apps that integrate with other applications.
Benefits include better site performance, easier management of the platform, a much better mobile experience and the ability to configure a compelling digital workplace experience going forward through integration with multiple applications.
Why this won a Gold award
- The move to microservices is bold and is perfectly suited to Wells Fargo where business lines have very specific needs.
- The implementation has been very well executed with some great change management techniques, particularly the weekly questions resulting in volumes of user feedback and the virtual command centre.
- There are interesting features throughout including the popular ‘My Day’ feature and aggregated notifications.
- We love the way user feedback has guided the design, including keeping elements from the old iteration that were popular.
- The impact of microservices has been considerable with everything from reduced load times to exciting possibilities created by lines of business building their own apps.
- We applaud the commitment to accessibility.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2019 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.