* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
UNICEF PFP: Rethinking an intranet from scratch
UNICEF’s PFP division has created a brand new SharePoint 2013 intranet. After extensive user research and a long development period, the new intranet is delivering value by meeting the needs of users with a new information architecture, improved search, and better organisation of content and a range of other features.
Other key features include a shopping cart to download documents, integration with UNICEF’s brand asset collection and an information panel about each piece of content.
Why this won a Gold award
- This is a very well executed project with robust user research, requiring some tenacity over a long period.
- There are some strong features including the shopping cart and the content information panel designed to give confidence to users and drive accountability among content owners.
- We loved the innovative Lego workshops and story-telling techniques employed to engage users and collect valuable feedback.
- The new intranet is having a positive impact with greater number of visitors, contributors and growing interest from around the world.
- We like how user feedback has increased and is resulting in tangible improvements.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2017 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.