* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Scottish Natural Heritage: Building business applications on an intranet
Scottish Natural Heritage’s new open source intranet is based on Drupal. Publishing and social capability has helped to improve communications,. Beyond this, the intranet is being used as a platform to deliver business applications – advancing towards a digital workplace.
Examples of this include a Kanban Board developed inside Drupal to help collaboration and project management. There is a facility to track employee reading of mandatory information and the intranet has also been used to transform a key complaints handling process.
Why this won a Silver award
- There is some strong thinking in trying to advance the intranet towards a digital workplace by building core business applications and improving processes with the different tools available.
- We love the work on the Kanban Board and the way it can be integrated as part of a wider collaboration site.
- This intranet has been created with sparse resources but is clearly delivering business benefits and is also helping the organisation evolve to a more collaborative style of working.
- There is some great execution on the complaints handling service, restoring faith in an important organisational process with relatively straightforward functionality.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2017 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.