* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Raiffeisen Bank Aval: Creating a cloud intranet with strong adoption
Raiffeisen Bank Aval has created the first cloud-based intranet in the Ukrainian financial services sector. Leveraging out-of-the-box SharePoint Online with a number of customised web parts, the personalised intranet contains core features to support internal communications and collaboration.
Customisations include integration of Microsoft Planner tasks, gamification with badges to celebrate staff achievements, an org chart integrated into the employee directory, a personalised links area to access tools and some homepage elements.
The team has used imaginative approaches to drive adoption including an online launch event, a contest for site owners, enterprise-wide blog “sprints” on different themes and a character called Ficus who happens to be a houseplant. Adoption levels are nearly at 100 percent.
Why this won a Silver award
- Being the very first Ukrainian bank to complete a cloud-based intranet project is an impressive feat.
- The very high levels of adoption show that this is an intranet employees rely on.
- There are some strong and innovative features throughout, including integrating Planner into tasks.
- The Ficus intranet character and the use of comic strips are fun and engaging ways to promote the intranet.
- We love the efforts to promote employee blogging, especially the idea of blog “sprints” and the light touch governance approach.
- This whole complex intranet project was delivered with the team working remotely — a considerable achievement.
- There’s an extensive use of gamification which is well-implemented through integrations with employee profiles and the directory.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2021 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.