* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Mountain America Credit Union: Redesigning a knowledge system
Mountain America Credit Union (MACU) has redesigned its Knowledge Center (KC) based on an Oracle platform. This houses critical operational process information and product information for customer-facing staff.
Following a comprehensive project methodology, the new KC includes extensive features to improve the experience for both users and administrators. These include personalisation to view the status of different pages, enhanced search and navigation aids, additional workflow to meet compliance needs, a range of dashboards and more.
The new KC has already enabled better compliance with regulatory and legal processes and delivered higher adoption. Analysis also suggests it is contributing to better performance in MACU branches.
Why this won a Silver award
- This is a comprehensive knowledge management project that is well executed.
- Some good features focus on content and enhance findability, ensuring that users can find what they need quickly.
- We love the analysis that finds positive correlations between higher performing branches and more frequent users of the Knowledge Center.
- It’s great that the Knowledge Center is heavily integrated into the corporate intranet.
- We like the comprehensive approach to change management and launch communications, even involving Instagram.
- Taking time to train SMEs has paid off, with high levels of involvement.
- Paying attention to personalisation and identifying pages that are new, updated or have been read adds real value to the user experience.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2021 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.