* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
BHP: Crafting an engaging custom global internet
BHP has built a brand new customised global intranet based on SharePoint Online and branded as the Digital Workspace. The intranet includes personalisation, Teams and Yammer integration, a timezone widget, customised search, SAP integration and more. The user interface is attractive and distinctive.
Impact attributed to the portal includes enhanced collaboration, time savings for employees, better document management leading to reduced risk and significantly enhanced internal communications.
Why this won a Silver award
- The intranet has some strong customised features throughout that are very well-designed, for example the world clock on the homepage.
- The search experience is particularly attractive and also covers a wide number of systems.
- The MS Teams integration is very useful and the discovery page has helped to drive adoption of collaborative tools.
- Single Sign-On and the aggregation of notifications on the homepage are helping to save employees time.
- There are some nice little design features such as the common ability to favourite almost anything, even an SAP transaction!
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2019 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.