* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Wellcome: Creating an intranet that employees love
Wellcome, a non-profit healthcare foundation, has created an intranet with high levels of staff engagement and adoption. Using Drupal, an open source platform, the intranet has been custom-built in-house specifically to meet Wellcome’s needs. Iterative improvements driven by employee feedback have guided Trustnet’s evolution.
Highlights of the intranet include attractive design and integration with a number of key systems including ServiceNow and a meeting room booking application. The intranet enjoys very positive feedback from staff and nearly all (98%) of staff visit the intranet in a typical two-week period. Approximately 40%of staff have also contributed articles in a year, an extremely high level of participation.
Why this won a Gold award
- This is a beautifully designed intranet with strong UX work that makes it both easy to use and attractive to view and navigate.
- The ambition to be an ‘operating system’ for Wellcome is laudable and carried out by strong integrations with other applications, delivering efficiency for users and also helping to underpin adoption.
- The meeting room booking system is particularly well-executed.
- We love the team’s commitment to a philosophy that ensures intranet improvement is driven by user need.
- The extremely high proportion of employees visiting Trustnet and contributing content is well above the level of most intranets and shows a high degree of user engagement and trust.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2020 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.