* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Travelex: Creating a virtual community via an intranet
Currency exchange provider Travelex has introduced an intranet called The Lounge to drive a sense of community across its retail workforce, many of whom work on their own. Through a combination of engaging community-led content, campaigns, employee blogging and adding subtitles to videos, the intranet is helping to drive engagement and efficiency.
Additionally, a gamified incentives program hosted on the intranet is directly responsible for driving increases in the sales of various products and has also supported a rise in engagement.
Why this won a Gold award
- We love the ethos of the intranet helping to support lone workers and the consistency with which the team apply this principle to content and campaigns is impressive.
- The gamification program’s impact in increased sales is exceptional and the program, including weekly wrap-up videos and team badges, is very well executed.
- The idea of putting subtitles on videos so they can be watched in busy environments has been highly effective – we also like how measurement informed the decision.
- We like the frequency and prominence of employee blogging on the homepage and the influence this has had to drive more informal leadership communications.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2019 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.