* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Ascham: Engaging a school community via the intranet
Independent school Ascham has developed a personalised intranet which is used by students, staff and parents. The Ascham Hub offers a series of dashboards for each type of user, with alerts, documents, events, news and notices to stay informed.
Through integration with the school management system, various forms, workflows and reports are being made available on the intranet and driving process efficiency. There are also a number of other integrations. Extensive user research and the use of feedback to drive continual improvement is helping to create engagement and trust with the new intranet.
Why this won a Silver award
- We love the ambition in this platform and how one intranet adds value to three distinct groups of users with very different needs; the Hub makes life easier for staff, parents and students.
- The extensive integration with the school management system, as well as a number of other applications, is impressive and has really helped to improve processes.
- There’s a solid commitment to user research and using ongoing user feedback to drive continuous improvement, in turn generating trust in the Hub.
- We like how the intranet is being used as a tool to meet the aims of Ascham’s strategic plan, engaging the community and helping to sustain the school’s future.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2018 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.