* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Suncorp Group: Transforming the adoption and value of Yammer
The Yammer team at Suncorp Group has launched a new Yammer strategy in order to raise adoption and increase the value of the platform. The team has taken a data-driven approach by designing a change program based on user research.
The strategy centres on creating highly targeted resources and training aimed at key personas who use Yammer including change and comms specialists, and leaders. A site has been designed on the intranet containing articles about using Yammer, as well as a series of online training sessions, and assets including a ‘Which tool when’ chart and a pack for community managers.
Gamification has also helped to engage leaders. The result has been a huge rise in adoption over 14 months and far greater involvement on Yammer from senior leaders who are now following best practices.
Why this won a Gold award
- This is an extremely well-designed change program with great thought put into the detail of the content and the training.
- Resources are well targeted to the needs of key influential groups, including senior leaders and those who support them.
- The use of leader boards for senior leaders has been highly effective.
- We applaud that the strategy has been based on thorough user research.
- The leap in active users from 44% to 80% in 14 months is exceptional.
- We love that leaders are exhibiting model behaviours, and being more visible on the platform.
- The valuable role of Yammer during the 2022 floods crisis shows that the new Yammer strategy has paid dividends.
- The training program, Yammer integration with the new intranet, and support community is focused on delivering adoption that is sustainable.
- The strategy has been delivered by a small team with a modest budget.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2022 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.