* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
McKesson: Setting up a mobile centre of excellence
In order to drive a series of apps for employees which principally open up content available on the intranet, global healthcare company McKesson has created an Employee App Center, a ‘light’ version of an app store.
To minimise risk and ensure a consistent experience for employees, a cross- functional governance structure called the Mobile Center of Excellence has been set up involving Communications, IT, HR, Security and Legal. This has agreed a series of standards, best practices and a standard process which brings an idea for an app through scoping to development to appearing on the app store.
Why this won a Gold award
- It’s very rare to set up a cross-functional governance structure like the Mobile Center of Excellence covering mobile apps, where the initiative has been driven by the intranet team.
- There’s an excellent emphasis on an end-to- end process which covers all the major steps needed to get an app into the app store.
- It’s a smart move to involve HR, security and legal functions right from the beginning, preventing the kinds of barriers which are common in some other organisations.
- The apps are clearly opening up new possibilities for connecting with employees who do not have access to PCs.
- The approach to governance could be extended to the wider digital workplace.
Full case study
Obtain the 11-page case study, packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.