* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Mayo Clinic: Delivering a user-centred intranet
The Mayo Clinic Department of Nursing has created a new intranet for its 8,000 nursing staff based on WordPress. This aims to deliver the information nurses need in their day-to-day work in patient care.A thorough research and design phase using observation, personas, workshops and usability testing has resulted in a highly complex intranet with information and content organised, presented and optimised for nursing staff. There has been a sharp rise in visits since launch.
Why this won a Gold Award
- The strong emphasis on extensive user research and user-centred design has ensured the complex needs of nursing staff are met by the new intranet.
- Using WordPress for an intranet this complex is innovative in itself, while the new simpler content management system has also meant it is easier to manage the 180+ subsites.
- Unusual levels of care have been taken with the presentation and writing of content, for example the disease and conditions section aimed specifically at nursing staff.
- Focusing the new intranet on patient care rather than corporate communications has ensured higher value and adoption.
Full case study
Obtain the 11-page case study, packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.