* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Lakewood High School: Creating the intranet experts of the future
Florida-based Lakewood High School’s Center for Advanced Technology (CAT) Program has been running for many years. Part of the program allows students to design, manage and administer a SharePoint environment which supports a staff and student intranet, learning resources, apps and more.
A redesign and upgrade to SharePoint 2013 of the main staff intranet, LHSnet, has resulted in a number of improvements to content, forms and apps. This has not only increased productivity in the school through improved processes, but given students a unique experience in working with an enterprise-level platform.
Why this won
- ?The whole premise of the CAT program is highly innovative, giving students real world experience of SharePoint and intranet design and management.
- This is one of the most extensive uses in the world of SharePoint or a similar platform in a high school setting.
- The design work is very well executed, with an emphasis on delivering a good user experience through intuitive and simple interfaces.
- There is a strong use of mobile devices, appealing to a student audience, and also allowing parents access to resources.
- There is a very healthy ethos of improving processes and saving time for both staff and students, using forms, workflow, the auto-population of fields and more.
- All the work is carried out by students, encouraging and nurturing some exceptional talent.
Full case study
Obtain the 14-page case study, packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.