* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
GJK Facility Services: Building an intranet with users at the centre
GJK has created an intranet that is focused on the needs of a diverse workforce, including its frontline cleaning staff. The new intranet, called ‘Ask George’, has several innovative features including an auto-translation capability that supports staff who don’t have English as a first language, as well as a targeted homepage for cleaning staff which can be consulted on a mobile device.
Other notable areas include a Knowledge Hub featuring ‘how to’ information, a policy and procedural library, a peer-to-peer ‘kudos’ feature, accessibility features, and the introduction of several online forms.
The intranet comes with a clean design and distinctive branding, based on the Ask George character. The intranet has also been launched with an innovative campaign.
Why this won a Silver award
- We love the emphasis on supporting a diverse, predominantly frontline workforce.
- The automatic translation feature is successfully opening up intranet content to all staff, and supports inclusivity.
- We applaud the accessibility features, including the large text option and high colour contrast mode.
- Overall, the design of the intranet is clean and pleasing.
- The homepage focusing on the needs of cleaners is well thought-through.
- The ‘Where’s Wally’ style launch campaign is well executed and makes good use of the Ask George intranet character.
- Online forms are clearly improving some processes and getting good levels of adoption.
- This is a strong effort for what is the company’s first enterprise-wide intranet.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2022 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.