* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Danske Bank: Making an IT helpdesk portal user-centric
Danske Bank has created a self-service environment for employees to report IT issues called HELP Universe. Available through the intranet, the site encourages employees to find solutions in relevant content and articles before reporting an issue.
The site has been created with user- centred design with clear use of language throughout and a well thought-out information architecture. Since launch, the number of helpdesk issues reported has reduced by a third, helping employees to find answers themselves and producing considerable cost savings for Danske Bank.
Why this won a Gold award
- IT helpdesk solutions tend to be designed around IT processes, but this is firmly designed around the needs of the user.
- There is some good attention to detail in the design and in the information architecture showing a real understanding of user needs.
- The solution has clearly met its original aim of allowing users to resolve their own issues, with a significant reduction of problems reported resulting in substantial cost savings.
- There are some nice touches to aid continuous improvement such as rating articles as helpful and suggesting new topics.
- Relevant content is very well integrated with the process of reporting a problem.