* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Comcast: Supercharging Yammer adoption and engagement
Comcast has launched Yammer to 90,000 employees and achieved high levels of usage (78%) in less than a year, including strong engagement from frontline employees. Following a series of initial pilots combined with a lively campaign, adoption has mainly been driven through organic growth rather than using a formal communications plan. Using Yammer for conversations about the Olympic Games has helped with this growth.
The team has also introduced a number of training and support approaches and assets which have helped community managers. A customised compliance tool allows the team to maintain control, while operating a light governance model.
As a result a high number of communities of interest, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and support groups are actively used for engagement and internal communications.
Why this won a Silver award
- The jump in active Yammer usage to 78% is impressive, particularly in a large and conservative organisation like Comcast.
- We love the range of imaginative uses of Yammer which is helping to support internal communications and engagement.
- Some of the decisions around the rollout have proved to be highly effective, including activating all licenses from day one and using the Olympic Games as a springboard for growth.
- The compliance tool is well executed and helps the team to navigate risk concerns while managing the platform.
- Yammer is helping to support diversity and inclusion at Comcast through ERGs and related communications.
- The Yammer launch materials and campaign are well-designed and eye-catching.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2022 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.