* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Cerebral Palsy Alliance: Creating a robust intranet from scratch
Australian charity Cerebral Palsy Alliance has created a new intranet based on SharePoint Online and Microsoft Viva Connections. The team has executed an extensive project methodology with a detailed discovery period, a thorough content audit, robust governance, a steering committee and working group, engagement with devolved content owners and more.
Notable features of the new intranet include a Viva Connections dashboard supporting common tasks, a new policy document library, an analytics dashboard based on Power BI and the recreation of a popular newsletter as an area of the intranet. The intranet has already achieved strong levels of adoption with 90%of employees using it.
Frontline staff can now access the intranet for the first time, with some of them accessing it via the mobile Teams app.
Why this won a Silver award
- There was a massive reduction in content from the old intranet to the new Hub as a result of the content audit.
- This intranet implementation was impressively delivered within a narrow and ambitious six-month period.
- The very detailed project methodology follows multiple good practices, particularly around governance.
- There is strong support for content authors with ongoing engagement and recognition.
- Communication with stakeholders and sponsors has also been well executed.
- We love the recreation of the ‘Around the Grounds’ newsletter brand as an area of the intranet, helping to support adoption.
- There’s a good commitment to analytics with the Power BI dashboard, and making this available to content owners.
- The levels of adoption are excellent.
- There’s a good use of the Viva Connections Dashboard to connect frontline staff to task-related resources.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2023 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.