* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
Shire: Creating a governance-first intranet
Shire’s new intranet, the Hub, has been implemented as Shire combines with Baxalta to form a new organisation. Strong governance around ownership, site use and design has resulted in a sustainable intranet which has helped the new organisation come together.
At the centre of the intranet are a number of attractive templates which have minimised customisation and reduced costs while still meeting key business requirements. Other features include improved search and central reference collections covering policies and tools for employees.
Why this won a Silver award
- There is a strong emphasis on governance first and the approach has been both thorough and innovative – for example the recertification of site owners to support up-to- date content.
- There are some nicely realised features, including adding search refiners to the centralised policy library.
- This project has been well executed in a short time frame and during intense change, but has still been implemented with a long-term, sustainable future despite these operational challenges.
- Some smart thinking has gone into the template design, effectively balancing business requirements, an attractive user experience and keeping customisation (and costs) to the absolute minimum.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2017 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.