* Screenshot remains the copyright of the entrant, and may not be reproduced without written permission.
TC Energy: Aligning a modern intranet with workforce needs
TC Energy has launched an intranet for its global workforce. With a multilingual approach and access for frontline employees via the Microsoft Teams app, the intranet aims to be inclusive for all employees. The intranet is feature-rich, using the Go intranet in-a-box product as a base.
Standout areas include an embedded brand portal with a PowerPoint extension, a popular homepage gallery with user-generated contributions, a classified section for employees, and a toolbar with a variety of different options to customise the intranet and change preferences.
Content owners are also well supported through a resource site, a Teams-based community, a series of templates and a content publishing wizard. The intranet is receiving good levels of adoption and engagement with content.
Why this won a Gold award
- There is a very solid implementation methodology from user research through content migration to launch.
- We applaud the ethos behind the intranet, which is to make the intranet inclusive and accessible to all employees.
- The embedded brand portal and PowerPoint integration is innovative and enables a self-service approach.
- We love the photo gallery and the high levels of engagement it receives and there is good use of imagery throughout the intranet.
- It’s good to see content owners have strong support and the detailed templates and Add content toolbar option are nice touches that offer real-world publishing support.
- The safety moments feature helps establish focus on a key value.
- We like the commitment to using analytics to drive improvement.
- There are strong levels of adoption, which is a great achievement with a high proportion of frontline staff.
Full case study
Get a copy of the full case study as part of the 2022 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report. This is packed with real-world screenshots and insights that will inspire your leadership team, and help you deliver a successful project.