Wireframe sketch from Shutterstock
One of the biggest complaints from users of most sites? I can’t find what I need!
Intranets and websites must easy to use and effective for the business. There is a toolbox of user experience (UX) techniques that can ensure this outcome.
It’s not easy to deliver a site that works for users:
- sites grow organically over time, with content scattered everywhere
- there’s a lot of content to fit into a single structure
- there are many opinions, often competing, about how the site should be designed
- the site has probably been redesigned before, but the problems remain
How we can help
We assist with a wide range of design needs:
- Designing (or redesigning) intranets to deliver a site that works for staff and the business.
- Addressing the design challenges of information-rich sites, whether external or internal.
- Developing effective navigation (information architecture) and page designs (wireframes).
- Applying best-practice UX techniques including card sorting, co-design, tree testing and usability testing.
- Drawing on our unique intranet expertise, to deliver sites that truly work for all.