New technology is transforming the way we work. Social and collaboration tools have now reached a point of maturity where they are becoming a standard part of the business ‘DNA’.
Organisations don’t change overnight, however, and there is much work to be done to make collaboration a success.
Social and collaboration tools are not just ‘turn on and forget’, and there are many issues to consider:
- choosing the right technology is hard, with so many products in the marketplace
- social and collaboration tools can compete unproductively with existing platforms
- a purposeful adoption and change management strategy is required for success
- without clear governance, social tools can quickly become a mess
- with the cost and effort involved, there must be a clear business case for social
How we can help
With opportunity comes complexity, and we help organisations to chart the right path through the social and collaboration landscape, by:
- Conducting field research that uncovers the needs, opportunities and challenges for social.
- Developing a social and collaboration strategy, and blends business, staff and technology considerations.
- Building a business case for social, drawing on opportunities within your organisation, and successes.
- Designing social intranets, that bring together the best of existing and new platforms.
- Developing adoption and change management plans that will see rapid and sustainable growth in use.
- Establishing effective governance for social and collaboration tools.
- Helping to select the right technologies for social and collaboration (read more about our technology expertise).