Delivering the digital workplace
Organisations are having to work ever faster to keep up with the pressures of an uncertain world. Internally, new technologies and ways of working are transforming how firms operate.
Increasingly, organisations are moving from a collection of free-standing ‘silos’ (such as intranets, document management, ERP, CRM) to a more coordinated digital workplace. But what does this look like in practice? We can help you create a concrete vision, and chart a course towards it.
The digital workplace consists of the holistic set of tools, platforms and environments for work, delivered in a coherent, usable and productive way.
But the digital workplace is easy to define … it’s journey that we should all be focusing on.
The changing nature of the modern workplace is presenting both challenges and opportunities:
- new technologies, such as social tools, are allowing staff to connect and collaborate
- information flows go from top-down, to two-way
- mobile devices are changing how we want to work
- senior management is driving change at an ever-greater pace
- untangling legacy systems and silos is hard
- without a common vision, projects are heading in many different directions
How we can help
We can help you get moving towards the digital workplace, by providing both inspiration and practical steps to take. This includes:
- Presenting a vision for the digital workplace, outlining the opportunities and possibilities, including real-world examples of what’s already been done.
- Creating a shared vision for your organisation, bringing stakeholders together to align needs and plans.
- Researching staff needs and opportunities, using practical research techniques to determine key needs and points of pain.
- Developing a DW strategy, outlining a pragmatic approach and roadmap for delivering on the digital workplace vision.
- Creating a plan for enterprise mobility, a key element of the digital workplace.
A few of our clients
What our clients say
Wanting to make our SharePoint based ‘Learning Library’ more user friendly and widen our user base, we reached out to Step Two for some UX help. Enter Rebecca and Step Two to our project team. Within a few meetings we could see the potential Step Two would bring to our update. Fast forward a couple of very smooth, conversation filled months and we released the update to our educator community. We are very proud of the work done, and know that it would not have led to an increase in users if we had not used Step Two. During our time working together Rebecca amazed me how quickly she understood our project and its unique issues and constraints, the ease in which she collaborated and communicated with us, and the professionalism she brought to our product. I’d work with Step Two again in a heartbeat.
- Pip Cleaves, Lead Learning Designer, NSW Education
Throughout each phase of the project, the assistance provided by Step Two’s mentoring program was invaluable. After the mentoring sessions I was more focused, and had more confidence in my abilities to complete the task at hand. Step Two were always available to talk through ideas and became an extension of the team.
I highly recommend Step Two’s intranet mentoring program to anyone who is committed to continued improvement and development of their corporate intranet.