Team working from Shutterstock
Organisations are having to work ever faster to keep up with the pressures of an uncertain world. Internally, new technologies and ways of working are transforming how firms operate.
Increasingly, organisations are moving from a collection of free-standing ‘silos’ (such as intranets, document management, ERP, CRM) to a more coordinated digital workplace. But what does this look like in practice? We can help you create a concrete vision, and chart a course towards it.
The digital workplace consists of the holistic set of tools, platforms and environments for work, delivered in a coherent, usable and productive way.
But the digital workplace is easy to define … it’s journey that we should all be focusing on.
The changing nature of the modern workplace is presenting both challenges and opportunities:
- new technologies, such as social tools, are allowing staff to connect and collaborate
- information flows go from top-down, to two-way
- mobile devices are changing how we want to work
- senior management is driving change at an ever-greater pace
- untangling legacy systems and silos is hard
- without a common vision, projects are heading in many different directions
How we can help
We can help you get moving towards the digital workplace, by providing both inspiration and practical steps to take. This includes:
- Presenting a vision for the digital workplace, outlining the opportunities and possibilities, including real-world examples of what’s already been done.
- Creating a shared vision for your organisation, bringing stakeholders together to align needs and plans.
- Researching staff needs and opportunities, using practical research techniques to determine key needs and points of pain.
- Developing a DW strategy, outlining a pragmatic approach and roadmap for delivering on the digital workplace vision.
- Creating a plan for enterprise mobility, a key element of the digital workplace.
A few of our clients
What our clients say
Step Two’s James Robertson has helped WWF-Australia identify a suitable solution for our new website CMS and write an RFP. The process is simple, timely, very thorough and well structured. James challenged some of our preconceptions and, by asking pertinent questions, stirred us in the right direction. In the end, the decision we made was entirely ours and I am confident we took the right one.
- Laurent Desarnaud, Digital manager, WWF-Australia
Catherine has spent many years consulting on intranets – her deep experience and knowledge of all things intranet makes her advice and knowledge invaluable. She is good at conveying complex information in an engaging, enthusiastic and simple manner, and gets to the crux of the matter very quickly. Catherine has many contacts in the intranet field and is always abreast of best practice in intranets across a range of industries. She is a great go-to person for finding out the latest trends and helping to solve your particular problems. Also, she’s just nice!