Delivering the digital workplace
Organisations are having to work ever faster to keep up with the pressures of an uncertain world. Internally, new technologies and ways of working are transforming how firms operate.
Increasingly, organisations are moving from a collection of free-standing ‘silos’ (such as intranets, document management, ERP, CRM) to a more coordinated digital workplace. But what does this look like in practice? We can help you create a concrete vision, and chart a course towards it.
The digital workplace consists of the holistic set of tools, platforms and environments for work, delivered in a coherent, usable and productive way.
But the digital workplace is easy to define … it’s journey that we should all be focusing on.
The changing nature of the modern workplace is presenting both challenges and opportunities:
- new technologies, such as social tools, are allowing staff to connect and collaborate
- information flows go from top-down, to two-way
- mobile devices are changing how we want to work
- senior management is driving change at an ever-greater pace
- untangling legacy systems and silos is hard
- without a common vision, projects are heading in many different directions
How we can help
We can help you get moving towards the digital workplace, by providing both inspiration and practical steps to take. This includes:
- Presenting a vision for the digital workplace, outlining the opportunities and possibilities, including real-world examples of what’s already been done.
- Creating a shared vision for your organisation, bringing stakeholders together to align needs and plans.
- Researching staff needs and opportunities, using practical research techniques to determine key needs and points of pain.
- Developing a DW strategy, outlining a pragmatic approach and roadmap for delivering on the digital workplace vision.
- Creating a plan for enterprise mobility, a key element of the digital workplace.
A few of our clients
What our clients say
Throughout each phase of the project, the assistance provided by Step Two’s mentoring program was invaluable. After the mentoring sessions I was more focused, and had more confidence in my abilities to complete the task at hand. Step Two were always available to talk through ideas and became an extension of the team.
I highly recommend Step Two’s intranet mentoring program to anyone who is committed to continued improvement and development of their corporate intranet.
- Stacey Kernodle, Australian Film Commission
At The Smith Family we have almost 1,000 employees and volunteers located in more than 90 sites across the country. Our whole team regularly use our SharePoint intranet, Yammer, Teams, Zoom, emails, video and countless other means to communicate with one another. It can be confusing and noisy in our dynamic online workplace! We were in much need of some expert guidance from Step Two, on how to steer our workforce’s to approach modern workplace collaboration.
Using Step Two’s Digital Internal Comms Maturity Model, we worked with Step Two to critically review our environment and habits. We mapped and measured these against the model and identified where we want to progress to. Having a structured model for honest assessment has made stakeholder conversations easier and has allowed us to focus our resources on the areas we feel we can realistically grow.