Team working from Shutterstock
Organisations are having to work ever faster to keep up with the pressures of an uncertain world. Internally, new technologies and ways of working are transforming how firms operate.
Increasingly, organisations are moving from a collection of free-standing ‘silos’ (such as intranets, document management, ERP, CRM) to a more coordinated digital workplace. But what does this look like in practice? We can help you create a concrete vision, and chart a course towards it.
The digital workplace consists of the holistic set of tools, platforms and environments for work, delivered in a coherent, usable and productive way.
But the digital workplace is easy to define … it’s journey that we should all be focusing on.
The changing nature of the modern workplace is presenting both challenges and opportunities:
- new technologies, such as social tools, are allowing staff to connect and collaborate
- information flows go from top-down, to two-way
- mobile devices are changing how we want to work
- senior management is driving change at an ever-greater pace
- untangling legacy systems and silos is hard
- without a common vision, projects are heading in many different directions
How we can help
We can help you get moving towards the digital workplace, by providing both inspiration and practical steps to take. This includes:
- Presenting a vision for the digital workplace, outlining the opportunities and possibilities, including real-world examples of what’s already been done.
- Creating a shared vision for your organisation, bringing stakeholders together to align needs and plans.
- Researching staff needs and opportunities, using practical research techniques to determine key needs and points of pain.
- Developing a DW strategy, outlining a pragmatic approach and roadmap for delivering on the digital workplace vision.
- Creating a plan for enterprise mobility, a key element of the digital workplace.
A few of our clients
What our clients say
Step Two conducted an Intranet review that clearly articulated the opportunities for improvement based on extensive stakeholder interviews and their best-practice experience. In addition to the review, the comprehensive report included a plan with clear priorities and recommended actions broken down into phases of work, so that the action plan was easy to follow and achievable with limited resources. Their intranet operating model also provided a useful framework to ensure we maintain a best-practice intranet going forward
- Mary Zuber, Internal Communications Specialist, The Fred Hollows Foundation
Cairo and I have worked on a number of different business concepts. Working in the KM and IM fields, Cairo has always demonstrated an exceptional understanding of what solution would be appropriate for a client and works hard to make a difference. She has wonderful people skills as well as a good understanding of social media/technology and how a client could leverage technology.