Team working from Shutterstock
Organisations are having to work ever faster to keep up with the pressures of an uncertain world. Internally, new technologies and ways of working are transforming how firms operate.
Increasingly, organisations are moving from a collection of free-standing ‘silos’ (such as intranets, document management, ERP, CRM) to a more coordinated digital workplace. But what does this look like in practice? We can help you create a concrete vision, and chart a course towards it.
The digital workplace consists of the holistic set of tools, platforms and environments for work, delivered in a coherent, usable and productive way.
But the digital workplace is easy to define … it’s journey that we should all be focusing on.
The changing nature of the modern workplace is presenting both challenges and opportunities:
- new technologies, such as social tools, are allowing staff to connect and collaborate
- information flows go from top-down, to two-way
- mobile devices are changing how we want to work
- senior management is driving change at an ever-greater pace
- untangling legacy systems and silos is hard
- without a common vision, projects are heading in many different directions
How we can help
We can help you get moving towards the digital workplace, by providing both inspiration and practical steps to take. This includes:
- Presenting a vision for the digital workplace, outlining the opportunities and possibilities, including real-world examples of what’s already been done.
- Creating a shared vision for your organisation, bringing stakeholders together to align needs and plans.
- Researching staff needs and opportunities, using practical research techniques to determine key needs and points of pain.
- Developing a DW strategy, outlining a pragmatic approach and roadmap for delivering on the digital workplace vision.
- Creating a plan for enterprise mobility, a key element of the digital workplace.
A few of our clients
What our clients say
James has been instrumental in helping us identify what it is we want in a new intranet. He has led several workshops to develop our intranet strategy; fully supported us through stakeholder research and scoping; and closely advised us on the vendor selection process.
Most importantly, James provided invaluable guidance and kept us on course when momentum was slowing. As a result, we’re now 3 months out from launch. We’re on track to deliver an intranet that will support the whole organisation to work, communicate and collaborate better into the future.
- Liz Potter, Communications and Marketing Manager, Catholic Care Sydney
Working with James has been a pleasure for many years and I’m always impressed by his ability to immediately get our context and our challenges. Recently, his support over a few days has allowed us to refine our vision, to gently move from a Digital Workplace to a Digital Employee Experience concept, and to better understand where we’re positioned on the DEX maturity scale.