Team working from Shutterstock
Organisations are having to work ever faster to keep up with the pressures of an uncertain world. Internally, new technologies and ways of working are transforming how firms operate.
Increasingly, organisations are moving from a collection of free-standing ‘silos’ (such as intranets, document management, ERP, CRM) to a more coordinated digital workplace. But what does this look like in practice? We can help you create a concrete vision, and chart a course towards it.
The digital workplace consists of the holistic set of tools, platforms and environments for work, delivered in a coherent, usable and productive way.
But the digital workplace is easy to define … it’s journey that we should all be focusing on.
The changing nature of the modern workplace is presenting both challenges and opportunities:
- new technologies, such as social tools, are allowing staff to connect and collaborate
- information flows go from top-down, to two-way
- mobile devices are changing how we want to work
- senior management is driving change at an ever-greater pace
- untangling legacy systems and silos is hard
- without a common vision, projects are heading in many different directions
How we can help
We can help you get moving towards the digital workplace, by providing both inspiration and practical steps to take. This includes:
- Presenting a vision for the digital workplace, outlining the opportunities and possibilities, including real-world examples of what’s already been done.
- Creating a shared vision for your organisation, bringing stakeholders together to align needs and plans.
- Researching staff needs and opportunities, using practical research techniques to determine key needs and points of pain.
- Developing a DW strategy, outlining a pragmatic approach and roadmap for delivering on the digital workplace vision.
- Creating a plan for enterprise mobility, a key element of the digital workplace.
A few of our clients
What our clients say
I have been working closely with Step Two over the last few months to help align our intranet strategy with the many changes happening at News. The insights that I have gained via Step Two’s consultants and initiatives has helped me hit the ground running in my new role. Catherine has been a fantastic support and I am valuing her expertise and empathy for the task ahead. Her practical, no nonsense approach is great – she is familiar with many of our challenges and is quickly able to leverage her own expertise or the experiences of her Step Two Forum members to steer us on the right course.
- Vikki Hsieh, Group Technology Manager – Collaboration, News Limited
My interaction with Catherine first began when we became members of the Forum in 2013. Her infectious enthusiasm and passion for all things Intranet-ty have made it easy for us to keep iterating a relevant intranet for our workforce.
She’s undoubtedly the industry leader in the intranet space with a great ability to project intranet trends. Catherine has a deep understanding of the struggles and challenges each intranet team faces. She has also a unique way of asking the correct prodding questions that have helped us look into a problem from a different angle. “Oh, I’ve never thought of that before! Thank you for bringing that up!” is something we often mutter when we chat with Catherine. Catherine is an invaluable resource to any Intranet project – no matter which stage of the project you are at.