A strong culture underpins organisational success. It allows organisations to be more resilient and adaptive, to deliver better customer service, and to use their collective knowledge and experience more effectively. While culture is fundamentally about people, intranets can help by communicating vision and mission, and by reinforcing a sense of corporate identity.
- Putting people at the centre: social staff directories Staff directories should provide the foundation for social features on the intranet.
- Six keys to the digital workplace The digital workplace offers a compelling vision of the future, but the right foundations must be in place.
- Intranets shaping culture What does organisational culture mean, and how can intranets help?
- Intranet as a mirror to the organisation The most successful intranets are those that directly reflect the unique nature of the organisations they serve.
Sources for facts and figures
- Australia’s commsoscopy Delivering the employee value proposition, from a communications perspective
- Organisational culture An introduction to organisational culture
- Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind A more recent rework of Hofstede’s seminal 1980’s woke on organisational culture