The way we work is changing, with collaboration between staff becoming increasingly important. New technology and practices allows projects and business units to work together more effectively. Social tools foster conversations and information sharing.
- Putting people at the centre: social staff directories Staff directories should provide the foundation for social features on the intranet.
- Use social intranets to solve business problems Go beyond woolly objectives for social intranets, to solve real business problems.
- Six keys to the digital workplace The digital workplace offers a compelling vision of the future, but the right foundations must be in place.
- Intranets shaping culture What does organisational culture mean, and how can intranets help?
- Collaboration: questions to ask A central team needs to ask many questions to understand business unit and team collaboration needs.
Sources for facts and figures
- The social economy: Unlocking value and productivity through social technologies
- 12 competitive advantages of collaboration Why social is no longer just a nice to have
- Capturing business value with social technologies Why social media technologies are shaking up growth and productivity across multiple industries
- The Business Case for Enterprise Collaboration How collaboration supports knowledge transfer in organisations
Further reading on the Step Two site
- Social intranets Articles tagged social
- Staff engagement Articles tagged staff engagement
- Commenting Articles tagged commenting
- Collaboration Articles tagged collaboration
- Culture Articles tagged culture
- Knowledge management Articles tagged knowledge management
- Needs analysis Articles tagged needs analysis
- User research Articles tagged user research