In times of uncertainty and change, staff engagement becomes paramount. Engaged staff are more productive, deliver better customer service and are less likely to leave.
The intranet can help to foster staff engagement alongside wider management practices and initiatives. Simple approaches involve publishing information that helps staff on the intranet, such as details about strategic projects.
As intranets introduce social and collaborative tools, the opportunities to engage with staff become much richer.
- Enable commenting on intranet news Allowing commenting on intranet news is an invaluable stepping stone towards a more social intranet.
- Employee engagement and intranets Intranets can do much to support employee engagement initiatives and objectives.
- Intranets shaping culture What does organisational culture mean, and how can intranets help?
- Tips and considerations for a successful social intranet There are a number of pitfalls to avoid when creating a new social intranet, to ensure adoption and business value.
- Enhancing the intranet with game theory Game theory provides a new way of looking at employee engagement and action on intranets.
Sources for facts and figures
- Employee engagement: What’s your engagement ratio Overview of the Gallup Q12 engagement survey.
- Q12 Meta-analysis Detailed results of the Q12 employment engagement survey
- Kenexa report: Beyond Engagement: the definitive guide to employee surveys and organisational performance A global perspective on employee engagement
- Employee engagement: What exactly is it? A general primer on employee engagement