The need for internal communication has never been greater. Organisations are growing in size and complexity, and it’s hard to keep staff informed about what’s happening.
Intranets offers the single most effective internal communication channel to reach all staff, regardless of where they work. With modern technology platforms, intranet news can also be much more than just a list of headlines on the homepage.
- Moving on from newsletters In this modern age, there is no reason to continue the 50 year-old practice of sending corporate newsletters.
- Using audio and video on the intranet Intranet-based rich media, including audio and video, provides new ways of connecting with staff.
- Communicating in a crisis Floods, earthquakes, fires and other natural disasters have a huge impact on organisations and their ability to communicate to their staff.
- Enable commenting on intranet news Allowing commenting on intranet news is an invaluable stepping stone towards a more social intranet.
Sources for facts and figures
- Email Stress: Managing the Tyranny of Inbox Overload
- LexisNexis Workplace Productivity Survey This survey reveals extent, impact of information overload on workers
- Internal Communications makes the difference to success A definitive study on the role of internal communications on organisational success
- The 2011-2012 Change and Communication ROI Study Report Discusses the pivotal role that effective change and communication processes play in global organisations today
- Employees prefer intranets to supervisors 2 to 1 Why fact to face is not the preferred information source after all