Intranets also provide a virtual workspace that allows organisations to rapidly respond to disasters, and to keep staff working even when offices are cut off from the rest of the world.
- More than just finding policy documents This briefing looks at the role of corporate policies within an organisation, and the need to better communicate their message to staff.
- Designing an intranet’s policy section Policies and procedures are important information, and they need to be easily found and used on the intranet.
- Recordkeeping responsibilities on a single sheet of paper Provide every staff member with a tailored and personalised single sheet of paper that covers what they need to file, and how.
- XML and content management systems This article explores the role of XML in the context of content management systems, focusing specifically on the business issues.
- Communicating in a crisis Floods, earthquakes, fires and other natural disasters have a huge impact on organisations and their ability to communicate to their staff.
Sources for facts and figures
- Top five business risks (Lloyds risk index) Comparing top business risks across time and grographies
- Six ways companies mismanage risk HBR discusses six key risks and how not to tackle them
- Business risk management Some suggested approaches to managing risk