Organisations are working harder than ever to improve their digital employee experiences (#DEX) by redesigning intranets, delivering better digital workplaces, and enhancing enterprise solutions.
To share leading-edge approaches and inspiring examples, Step Two announces today the winners of the 2019 Intranet & Digital Workplace Awards . Now in their thirteenth year, these are global awards that recognise outstanding contributions to the fields of intranets and digital workplaces. The awards uncover remarkable solutions that deliver business value, sharing them with the wider community.
Key themes to emerge this year are:
- intranets are still winners
- integrations are the powerhouse of the digital workplace
- leading intranets are a step ahead of Office 365
- digital channels foster a sense of community for the frontline
- stewardship unlocks collaboration and knowledge sharing
- designing for employees has parity with customer experience
Obtain a copy of the 2019 Intranet & Digital Workplace Showcase report for full details on the themes and winners. You can also browse this year’s winners, drilling down to the key case studies you need.
So without further ado, here are details of this year’s winners!
The winners across multiple categories:
- American Express (USA): a transformation of global IT support, using an omni-channel strategy that has significantly reduced costs while hugely increasing user satisfaction
- Bank of Russia (Russia): a beautifully-designed intranet rolled out to a regional network with targeted communications, social features, workspaces and extensive business automation
- Domodedovo Moscow Airport (Russia): a powerful set of knowledge management services delivered through the intranet including ideation, knowledge bases, wiki, expertise location and more
- Lloyds Banking Group (UK): a highly effective social collaboration platform with high levels of adoption and business value, all sustained over time
- Public Works Authority Ashghal (Qatar): an excellent centralised custom-built portal with widespread integrations and apps where employees can complete tasks and access a huge variety of e-services
- Stagecoach (UK): an employee mobile app launched to frontline staff delivered via personal devices which is successfully driving efficiency and engagement for bus drivers and engineers
- Travelex (UK): a global intranet which is connecting and engaging frontline staff, who are often working alone, through an ingenious combination of content, videos and gamification
- Wells Fargo (USA): an exciting intranet redesign based on a new microservices architecture allowing for integration of apps, all delivered across multiple lines of business
The winners across multiple categories:
- Bank Spoldzielczy we Wschowie (Poland): a completely custom-built digital workplace for a Polish community bank with a huge degree of integration
- BHP (Australia): a strongly executed customised SharePoint Online global intranet with personalisation, Teams and Yammer integration, custom apps and strong UX
- Duke Energy (USA): a SharePoint online intranet with great design, an excellent employee recognition feature, and a design system to guide consistency across all digital channels
- Faegre Baker Daniels (USA): a thoughtful KM-driven intranet with an integrated financial performance dashboard and strong intranet design
- Mayo Clinic (USA): a strong governance initiative to improve standards across over 200 specialist clinical intranets, improving usability and findabilty and reducing costs
- NLMK Group (Russia): a strong social intranet with a range of tools that are successfully reducing the digital divide between office and plant-based staff
- Shepherd and Wedderburn (UK): a comprehensive set of intranet integrations presenting client and project information across a clever set of data visualisations
Obtain insights from the winners
You can browse the winners on the main Awards page, narrowing down to the specific insights you need to succeed.
Then get the full insights into all these winners by obtaining a copy of the 2019 Intranet and Digital Workplace Showcase report. This provides the insights you need, in a format that you can easily dip into as required.
Agency and vendor credits
Congratulations also to the following agencies, consultancies and vendors who were involved in the winning entries:
- Adelphi Digital (BHP)
- AnswerLab (Wells Fargo)
- Bitrix (NLMK Group)
- Blink (Stagecoach)
- Cardinal Solutions – now part of Insight (Duke Energy)
- Door 3 (Faegre Baker Daniels)
- Fireman & co (Faegre Baker Daniels)
- Infosys (BHP)
- Interact (Travelex)
- Level access (Wells Fargo)
- Lynn Smith (Mayo Clinic)
- RDA Corp (Wells Fargo)
Enter next year!
Our congratulations to this year’s winners, and many thanks to all the organisations, agencies, teams and individuals that contributed.
You deserve a trophy! If you’re currently doing great work on your intranet or digital workplace, visit the Awards page, and sign up to be notified when next year’s Awards opens for entries in January 2020. We’re already excited about what next year’s submissions will bring!