It was my great pleasure today to be the opening keynote at the KM Singapore conference organised by iKMS on 1 September 2011.
My key points:
- Intranets need to move beyond being merely “useful” to becoming “essential”.
- In the KM space, technology has had a poor track record.
- Technology has changed (for the better), and we’ve now got the wisdom to do great things.
- Intranets can support KM, for both explicit and tacit knowledge.
- Intranets of the future are smart.
- Intranets of the future join the dots.
- Intranets of the future understand people.
And a “blip video” recorded straight after the session, touching on some of the more controversial points…