Yesterday I was honoured to give a presentation at the monthly meeting of intranet managers organised by NetJMC. These were some of the world’s largest organisations, across a range of industries. There was a lively discussion around my topic: delivering a mobile enterprise.
The key talking points:
- The latest generation of mobile devices have changed the wider world, but what about within our organisations?
- Start by recognising there are four different mobile scenarios.
- Don’t deliver a “mobile version” of your intranet.
- Instead, focus on the six things that staff want on mobile devices.
- Mobile devices are personal devices.
- Starting developing a mobile enterprise strategy.
- In the meantime, start small, and start delivering solutions (like the ones shown in the presentation).