Yesterday in Stockholm, I gave a presentation at a local IntraTeam community group meeting. A friendly bunch of people, with lots of good conversations (and great lunch!). These were the key points of my presentation:
- The unmanaged spread of collaboration tools is anti knowledge sharing.
- Intranets and collaboration tools can’t afford to compete: both lose.
- Instead, collaboration tools and intranets must be brought together.
- Start by clarifying the role of the intranet and collaboration tools (including using the shop window metaphor).
- Establish good governance for collaboration tools
- Explore the many ways that the two sides can be seamlessly integrated, including simple ways of providing access to collaboration tools.