Young boy opening present from Shutterstock
The 2018 Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards are now open for entries, with a closing date of 25 May 2018. We’re always intrigued and excited to see the submissions we’re going to receive. Some are twists on new ideas, some are classic approaches brilliantly executed and sometimes it’s things we’ve never seen before.
While we wait for the entries to come in, each year we ask our judges about the type of entries they’d love to see in the Awards.
Here’s what they said, in no particular order:
- Virtual or augmented reality in the workplace
- Digital workplace governance and how to tackle shadow IT
- Out-of-the-box intranet solutions that are used in innovative ways
- Digital literacy or a related initiative which is really making a difference
- Data visualisation and analytics, embedded into an intranet
- Enterprise-scale chatbot, not just a pilot or one by a single department
- User-focused dashboard that’s a real one stop shop
- Hard-hitting measurement of digital workplace impact
- Enterprise-wide search that takes the next step
- Internet of things (IoT) combined with digital workplace
- Aggregating activity/notifications to reduce fragmentation across the digital workplace
- Sharing insights/intelligence from the front line about customers and product use
- Internal comms campaign which makes everybody believe in intranets again
- Widget store that allows users to add tools and services into their profile or personalised dashboard
- Multi-lingual intranets and collaboration that tackles challenges head-on
- Intranets as a leading comms channel to field and frontline staff
- Alexa for Business in a corporate context
- True digital workplace that covers 99% of business processes and services
- Tools for top management delivered via the intranet
- Mobile applications that have transformed business processes
- Specific and measurable benefits!!
Perhaps you have implemented an initiative which matches one of the above, or something completely different. Whatever you’ve done, we’re looking forward to receiving your entry!
(Don’t forget that the closing date for submissions is 25 May 2018, and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like some advice on what to enter.)