Young boy opening present from Shutterstock
The 2020 Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards are now open for entries, with a closing date of 11 March 2020. We’re always fascinated (and excited) to see the submissions we’re going to receive. We see new ideas, flashes of brilliant execution, projects which took great patience, classic deployments, beautiful designs, highly innovative approaches and more.
While we wait for the entries to come in, each year we ask our judges about the type of entries they’d love to see in the Awards.
Here are some of the things they said:
- Solutions which consider a holistic and end-to-end employee experience, such as the physical environment and onboarding/offboarding process
- Office 365 fully utilised to deliver internal business solutions
- Internal mobile apps that address frontline worker needs as a priority
- AI that connect the dots between data from multiple disparate sources to make it easier for employees to make more informed decisions much faster
- AI beyond just answering questions, completing basic admin tasks, or being another search
- Extraordinary adoption of Office 365, across many different staff groups
- Innovative approaches to improve the digital and/or physical experience for employees with accessibility needs
- Approaches that really tackle the “what to use when” challenge across multiple collaboration tools such as Office 365
- Instagram type tools that support internal communications
- Using Office 365 to support field and frontline workers
- Outstanding integration between an LMS and an intranet
- Digital workplace that really transforms the way people learn
- Bringing “my work” into “my intranet”, such as via personalisation and information targeting
- Digital workplaces with IT solutions integrated under one UX and one UI-kit
- A solution for information overload, giving employees a highly-personalized experience with the ‘noise’ filtered out
- An app or platform that genuinely supports health and well-being for all employees
- Democratising automation so that super-users can improve “local” business processes without IT help
- Outstanding success story with search or findability
- Machine learning and employee data leveraged to more effectively tailor content and search results
- Surfacing up just-in-time content to an employee based on their behavioral data and learned patterns
- A real focus on digital workplace literacy
- Voice-enabled commands to complete tasks that addresses a business need and has impact
- Intranet solutions for startups and fast growing companies
- More advanced mobile intranets
- Intranet as a knowledge management platform with specific examples and data to support the business value
- Real ‘wow’ moments from clever solutions which solve real business problems!
Perhaps you have implemented an initiative which matches one of the above, or something completely different. Whatever you’ve done, we’re looking forward to receiving your entry!
(Don’t forget that the closing date for submissions is 11 March 2020 and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like some advice on what to enter.)