Filed under: Conferences & presentations
I was honoured to be invited (again!) to be the opening keynote of the always-enjoyable Intranet & Digital Workplace Congres, held in Utrecht each year.
In the session I explored the journey that organisations are on, as they deliver increasingly mature solutions and experiences to their employees.
The key highlights:
- Modern intranets remain vital, as a provider of key content and services, as well as providing an enterprise front door to the wider organisation.
- The five purposes of intranets provides a framework for assessing your current intranet, and then planning where to devote resources for improvements.
- The annual Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards share a wide variety of modern intranets that deliver business value.
- More broadly, the digital workplace consists of all the digital tools, platforms and environments for work.
- Every organisation already has a digital workplace, since the introduction of email, but it’s in a poor state.
- So the key question to ask is: what makes a great digital workplace?
- At the most holistic level, the digital employee experience (DEX) encompasses all the digital interactions within the work environment.
- A great DEX is required to deliver a great CX.
- The DEX Survey conducted by Step Two sheds light on the current state of DEX maturity.
- Every organisation should choose what they’re currently focusing on: intranets, digital workplaces or digital employee experience.