Intranet innovations for 2012 (Melbourne showcase event)
The winners of the 2012 Intranet Innovation Awards have just been announced. This year, trophies have gone to the UK, USA, Russia, Denmark, Netherlands … and Australia.
This showcase session provides an exclusive chance for local intranet folk to receive an in-depth walkthrough of the international winners, and to hear directly from the three Australian award winners.
A free afternoon event, this is a great opportunity to see the leading edge of intranets, and to make connections with intranet teams in other organisations.
Melbourne: Monday October 29 (Register now)
The Intranet Innovation Awards celebrate new ideas and innovative approaches to the enhancement and delivery of intranets. The awards are about improving all intranets, by sharing great ideas and increasing the pace of innovation across the whole of the intranet community.
Now in their sixth year, this is the strongest year of the awards yet. What’s also great to see is that we have three Australian award winners this year, demonstrating that local intranet folk are still leading the way on the world stage.
To share details of the Awards, we’ve organised a free afternoon event. With Sydney getting our big Intranets2012 conference this year, Melbourne will be the host for this awards session.
The afternoon will feature:
- James Robertson (Step Two), who will provide a detailed walkthrough of the international winners (including heaps of screenshots).
- Andrew Mitchell (Urbis), who will share their award-winning commercial dashboard, designed to help senior management run the firm better.
- Ross Pavey (Scott Corp), who will show how they’ve used their SharePoint intranet to increase safety and compliance in a trucking firm.
- Karina Smith (NSW Dept of Education), who will explain how they’ve delivered a remarkable intranet portal to 140,000 staff.
There is so much great stuff to share this year, and the afternoon will also showcase:
- A ‘lessons learnt’ knowledge management system integrated directly into the intranet and core business systems.
- Several mobile intranets, delivering superb functionality to field staff.
- Multiple social intranets, going beyond technology basics to deliver real business value.
- An open source intranet used across the Dutch government.
- A tailored news solution that meets the needs of a global organisation.
- Coca-Cola Enterprise’s exciting intranet homepage, meeting corporate and staff needs.
- … plus much more.
We’ll be flying two of the Australian winners into Melbourne for the afternoon, and intranet teams across the country should take advantage of cheap flights to ensure they don’t miss out on this one-off event.
NOTE: this will be our only Australian Awards event this year, so with limited places, book quickly!
Where: Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
When: Monday 29 October 2012, 1:30pm — 5pm
How much: FREE (but places are limited!)