For the last decade, the Intranet Roadmap has provided a guiding beacon for teams faced with designing or redesigning their intranet.
Now in it’s second edition, the Roadmap continues to provide a clear project management methodology and checklist for teams approaching this sometimes daunting task.
The Intranet Roadmap provides the only truly comprehensive methodology that describes all the activities required to develop (or redevelop) an intranet.
The first edition of the Roadmap hangs on the walls of a thousand organisations. The recently released second edition covers project activities across five key streams:
- change and communications
This is a holistic approach to the management of an intranet project, ensuring that all the activities required for a successful launch (or relaunch) are addressed.
The Intranet Roadmap does more than just indicate what activities need to be conducted, it clearly shows the sequence of activities required, and the techniques that will help at every stage of the project.
The Intranet Roadmap is delivered in two forms:
- full colour A1 wallchart
- supporting 54 page booklet
The wallchart lists the key activities required in each of the project streams. It also highlights which activities (such as usability testing, affinity diagramming, personas and collaborative design) can be used to support individual activities.
The supporting booklet then provides an overview of every activity and technique listed on the Intranet Roadmap, as well as linking to further resources and information.
QR codes on the wallchart and in the booklet link to purchaser-only resource pages, which provide a gateway into the 300+ articles published by Step Two Designs.
The combination of the wallchart and booklet is invaluable for any team looking to develop or redevelop an intranet, and it assists in both planning and reviewing the approach taken.
Use this best-practice intranet methodology to bring order to the complex and inter-related aspects that make up an intranet project.
We believe in allowing our customers to make the most of our reports, which is why we provide a generous “site license” by default. See below for all the details:
- You are welcome to make use of the ideas contained within the report to support the management and enhancement of your intranet.
- Copies of the report may be made, as long as they remain within your business unit.
- The screenshots and other source material remain the property of the organisations that provided them, with a license granted to us for use in Step Two Designs materials and presentations.
- We reserve all other intellectual property rights in the report, including copyright and moral rights.
- We promise that the use of the report according to the terms of this agreement will not result in the infringement of the rights of any third parties.
- You may not sell, licence or otherwise provide any part of the report to another party.
- You may not use the report when preparing material for any third party. This includes any contracting or consulting arrangement.
- If you breach the terms of this agreement, we will sue you for damages, and to prevent the breach.
- This agreement is governed by New South Wales and Australian law.
Our best-selling books Essential intranets, Designing intranets and What every intranet team should know have been read by teams around the globe. They give invaluable guidance for intranet projects, whether planning a brand-new intranet, or revamping an existing site.
Like all Step Two publications, they are:
- targeted to the real-world needs of teams
- clear, concise and well-structured
- product and vendor agnostic
- up to date, with full-colour screenshots throughout
Buy in bulk and save
Purchase bulk orders, and make these savings:
- 5+ copies, save 10%
- 10+ copies, save 15%
- 25+ copies, save 20%
- 50+ copies, save 30%
These discounts apply to your total order, so you can mix-and-match as you want. For example, purchase 5 copies of “Essential intranets” and 5 copies of “Designing intranets”, and get the 10+ copy discount.
Simply add the books to your shopping cart, and the discounted price will be applied automatically. We’ve also set up shipping costs for bulk orders, making it all a one-step process. Easy!
Why make a bulk purchase?
For intranet teams:
- stock up the intranet team’s “lending library”
- provide copies of the books to decentralised content owners and authors
- provide copies of the books as intranet anniversary or Christmas “presents”
For educational institutions:
- provide the books as a standard texts for KM, information management or UX courses
For product vendors and implementers:
- giving the books as promotional gifts to prospective or current customers
- using the books to help customers deliver a great intranet
- giving copies to the sales team, to get them up to speed quickly
- using the books as inspiration for product upgrades
For consulting firms:
- build in-house skills amongst the consulting team
- provide a foundation for intranet design methodologies
- educate customers on the importance of intranet design
- offer them as “thank you” gifts to customers