This is the definitive ‘quick start’ guide to intranets, providing intranet teams with a to-the-point overview of how to plan, design, manage and grow intranets. A beautifully printed A5-sized 110-page book, this volume covers key topics for every intranet team:
- Six phases of intranet evolution
- Four purposes of the intranet
- How to find out what staff need
- How to design the intranet
- How to deliver great content
- The role of the intranet team
- How to plan intranet improvements
Few teams have time to read a weighty tome on intranets, and what is needed is a clear ‘map’ for delivering a successful intranet. Drawing on experience from intranet teams across the globe, every page of this book provides key insights, ideas, models and methodologies. Use this book to kick-start your intranet to the next level, and provide your team with a foundation for daily work.
Build your intranet library
This book combines with our two other books, Essential intranets and Designing intranets. Together, they provide an invaluable intranet library for all teams.
Our best-selling books Essential intranets, Designing intranets and What every intranet team should know have been read by teams around the globe. They give invaluable guidance for intranet projects, whether planning a brand-new intranet, or revamping an existing site.
Like all Step Two publications, they are:
- targeted to the real-world needs of teams
- clear, concise and well-structured
- product and vendor agnostic
- up to date, with full-colour screenshots throughout
Buy in bulk and save
Purchase bulk orders, and make these savings:
- 5+ copies, save 10%
- 10+ copies, save 15%
- 25+ copies, save 20%
- 50+ copies, save 30%
These discounts apply to your total order, so you can mix-and-match as you want. For example, purchase 5 copies of “Essential intranets” and 5 copies of “Designing intranets”, and get the 10+ copy discount.
Simply add the books to your shopping cart, and the discounted price will be applied automatically. We’ve also set up shipping costs for bulk orders, making it all a one-step process. Easy!
Why make a bulk purchase?
For intranet teams:
- stock up the intranet team’s “lending library”
- provide copies of the books to decentralised content owners and authors
- provide copies of the books as intranet anniversary or Christmas “presents”
For educational institutions:
- provide the books as a standard texts for KM, information management or UX courses
For product vendors and implementers:
- giving the books as promotional gifts to prospective or current customers
- using the books to help customers deliver a great intranet
- giving copies to the sales team, to get them up to speed quickly
- using the books as inspiration for product upgrades
For consulting firms:
- build in-house skills amongst the consulting team
- provide a foundation for intranet design methodologies
- educate customers on the importance of intranet design
- offer them as “thank you” gifts to customers