The must-have annual report for all intranet and digital workplace teams. Featuring 19 case studies and hundreds of screenshots, this report shows how to deliver real business value and solutions that work.
About the awards
The Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards are global awards that recognise outstanding contributions to the fields of intranets and digital workplaces. The awards uncover remarkable solutions that deliver business value, and then share them with the wider community. We also shine a light on the talented teams behind this work, and the agencies that have supported them.
This year’s winners
- Anthony Veder Group (Netherlands): A digital workplace program facilitating digital transformation, centred on a fantastic dashboard featuring data from multiple systems, helping individuals and department manage a fleet of vessels.
Gold Award winners:
- Accenture (Ireland): A custom-built pinboard for knowledge sharing within the enterprise, with an advanced system of features to help site managers and users.
- LV= (UK): A highly innovative social intranet and related collaboration tools and apps, all developed in-house using open source technology.
- McKesson (USA): A cross-functional centre of excellence providing governance and process to deploy mobile apps for employees all the way from idea to app store.
- Merck Group (Germany): A brand new intranet with a new distinctive corporate branding driving organisational changne, with excellent focus on change management.
- MWH Global (USA): An innovative use of virtual reality tools to get feedback from clients on building works before they have been built, saving costs, reducing risks and wowing clients.
- QUT (Australia): An ambitious and high-impact new staff intranet with great approaches to search, personalisation and supporting content owners.
- STIHL Australia (Australia): A fantastic small company intranet which is very well executed, centred around an essential product catalogue.
- Swisscom (Switzerland): An elegant and essential intranet with many features, matured over several years of continuous improvement.
- Telstra (Australia): An impressive set of innovative digital channels and mobile apps to facilitate HR processes and employee self-service, all driven from one small team.
- University of Liverpool (UK): Excellently designed mobile apps developed to improve processes to support students in their halls of residence.
- Arla Foods (Denmark): A highly distinctive branded intranet with an excellent task-orientated information architecture.
- Beach Energy (Australia): A complex approval process transformed through a SharePoint site.
- GHD (Australia): A new intranet with compelling project and knowledge resources areas.
- Goldcorp (Canada): An engaging enterprise-wide intranet with a number of innovative features. .
- Novozymes (Denmark): An innovative approach to SharePoint governance applicable to the wider digital workplace.
- Philips (Netherlands): A brand new intranet based on tagging, with search at the centre, deployed as a minimum viable product.
- Vanboeijen (Netherlands): A well-designed social network supporting the diverse needs of children and adults in care.
- White & Case (USA): A new intranet with great search features and findability to meet the needs of a global law firm.
Obtain the insights
With winners across four categories, there are valuable ideas for every intranet and digital workplace team.
The 300-page Intranet and Digital Workplace Showcase report shares the full results of the awards, including screenshots and details of the winning entries.
Using the report
The purpose of the showcase report is to help you deliver a great intranet or digital workplace. It’s designed to be easy to dip into, to grab a screenshot or insight when needed. The report can be used in many different ways:
- See what others have done, by browsing the huge number of screenshots screenshots and extensive case studies.
- Get inspiration for your project, uncovering new ideas or approaches that will increase the impact of your solution.
- Strengthen a business case, by showing senior management what other organisations have already delivered, and what benefits they’ve gained.
- Benchmark your current state, against innovative examples across a wide range of functionality.
- Accelerate your redesign, by drawing on emerging best practices from leading intranets.
- Use as a conversation starter, providing a starting point for discussions amongst all intranet stakeholders, including communications and IT.
- Avoid pitfalls and problems, by drawing on the lessons learned (and shared) by successful projects.
- Move the intranet towards a digital workplace, by exploring the expanding horizon of what great sites can do.
- Plan the next steps for the intranet, and keep your site up-to-date with the leading edge of developments.
- Rebuild enthusiasm for the intranet, within the team and the whole organisation, via these inspirational examples.
Whether you’re in the middle of a major redesign, or planning incremental improvements, the showcase report is a must-have for all teams.
Enter next year’s awards
Next year’s Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards will open for entries in April. As can be seen from this year’s winners, a diverse range of ideas from all types of organisations can win.
Visit the Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards page to pre-register your name, and we’ll notify you when the awards open for submissions.